fam

fam

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Family Vaction June 2012

So we started a tradition last year where all the grandkids and granny and pa and aunt karen go to PCB for a weekend. This year we were missing Meghan, Zach, Geoff, Rach, and Kam. They were all missed!
 
We began the festivities with pa making me some cookie cake for my birthday! So sweet.
Who else would be lead singing besides these two??



This is Lyla's second week in a row at the beach and she is still loving it just as much as we are!



Unfortunately a hurricane was coming through so our cousins vacation was cut short. We had fun shopping, playing games, and as usual eating really good! So happy to have some quality time with the Edenfield side of the family. I am truly blessed with such an amazing in-law family!
 
 
A little rain didn't stop or family vacation though. Kyle, Lyla, and I stayed down for a few more days. Lyla started clapping really good this week! She also learned to spit :( and blow bubbles. Fun times! We played on the beach, ate at firefly (our favorite PCB spot), watched movies, and had such a fun time just being together.


 
 




 
There is nothing more precious to me then my family. I could not have asked for a better man and my daughter lights up my life. I know God gave me this family and I know that it is a blessing.
 
There are so many things in life that try to destroy families, but God's design is perfect. His illustration of Christ and the Church and Marriage is such a beautiful thing. One man and one woman committed to each other forever. Not just when things are going good, not just when money is there, not just when we are in our 20's and 30's and all pretty and young, not just when life is easy, but always. That vow is so strong and so straight forward. There is nothing complex about the design. There will be hard times and that is why God gives you a helpmate.
After having a child you understand so much more the sacrifice that God made for us by allowing His Son to die such a brutal death. I know Mary's heart broke over and over again. I am so grateful every single day that God called me to be a mother to this wonderful child. It is such an overwhelming responsibility, yet so great!
Your family that you have been given is a gift from God. I understand difficult situations and hard times more than most, but God desires for you to reach for Him and find comfort in Him and lean on Him to make you stronger. Every opportunity you get to spend with family, make the most of it. It is easy to be busy, get caught up in our own lives, and forget to show love to the people that God specifically placed in our lives.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment